Fr. Rob Adams, of Pikeville’s St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, leads a service in the University of Pikeville Chapel for Ash Wednesday on Feb. 17. Ash Wednesday marks the first day of Lent, a season of fasting and prayer, and takes place 46 days before Easter Sunday. During the service, the pastor sprinkled repentance ashes onto the heads of participants to symbolize the dust from which God made man.
- ‘Coming 2 America’s Director on How He Kept the ‘Essence’ of the Classic Movie
- Ask Matt: Will the Future of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Be Decided Sooner Rather Than Later?
- Lexmark Introduces New Cloud Fax models for the Lexmark GO Line Series of MFPs
- Crystal View Capital Fund II Ends 2020 With Sale of Louisville Mobile Home Community For $15 Million
- Flooding hits Pike, National Guard dispatched
- Worth Watching: ‘New Amsterdam’ Returns, an Oscar Winner Joins ‘Prodigal Son,’ ABC’s ‘Soul of a Nation’
- North Hardin High School and WellCare Participate in National No One Eats Alone Day
- NorthStar Anesthesia Transitions to Serve Baptist Health Hardin
- County attorney taking aggressive action to collect child support, ‘Pay or Stay’ docket part of effort
- Fazoli’s owners start petition for new stoplight
- PHS Alumni Association names 2020 Distinguished Alumni
- Obituaries 2-26-21
- Obituaries 2-23-21
- Whitesburg women charged with meth trafficking; one jailed, one hospitalized
- McConnell announces nearly $204M in additional funds for Kentucky colleges and universities
- Local dentist offers free care to kids during annual event
- Obituaries 2-19-21
- Pikeville to receive funding for strategic plan
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updated? Signup today!