Kentucky State Police Post 9 held its annual Shop with a Trooper event at the Pikeville Walmart on Dec. 15. The Post received 43 wishlists from children in the Post area — which includes the counties of Pike, Floyd, Johnson, Magoffin and Martin — and each trooper shopped $100 of gifts and clothing for their individual children. The children did not join in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The gifts will be taken to the Fitzpatrick First Baptist Church in Floyd County to be gift-wrapped, thanks to a donated bus and bus driver from the Pike County Schools District, and the troopers will deliver the wrapped gifts for the children to their individual homes next week.
- Garth Brooks will perform at Joe Biden's inauguration
- Run it back? Packers put Week 6 loss to Buccaneers in rearview, focus on preparation with Super Bowl trip on the line
- Missouri adds graduate transfer linebacker
- Missouri softball No. 23 in preseason rankings
- Former Nebraska assistant Kevin Steele to serve as acting head coach at Tennessee
- Plowman: Major violations led to Pruitt firing
- Penn State Women's Basketball: Kelly Jekot sidelined with season-ending injury
- It’s back: The political struggle for control of banks’ loan taps
- KSP: No foul play suspected in case of body found at Beaver Creek
- PCSD: Duo found with meth in school parking lot
- PPD: Four charged in two separate child endangerment, abuse cases
- KSP charge Pike man with child sexual exploitation offenses
- Obituaries 1-12-20
- Obituaries 1-15-21
- Grand jury to get case against man accused in connection with body found near his residence
- PMC opens drive-thru COVID vaccinations
- Appalachian Wireless Arena plans lineup for new year
- Officials share details on new case surge, vaccinations
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updated? Signup today!