The Appalachian Center for the Arts opened a new art exhibit by the Kentucky Arts Council called “Native Reflections: Visual Art by American Indians of Kentucky” in its second-floor gallery on Jan. 8. The exhibit features 23 works by Kentuckians who identify as Native American — including two works by Tiffany Pyette, of Letcher County — as well indigenous cultural artifacts found in the region and the state. The exhibit is open to the public from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday from Jan. 8 to Feb. 14, or by appointment. Groups are welcome to attend. Face masks and social distancing will be required during viewing. For more information, call the App at, (606)262-4076, or visit, www.theapparts.org.
- Reports: Montana State head coach Jeff Choate to be hired at Texas
- Frost: No changes coming to 10-man crew of full-time assistants; will add special teams analyst
- Scott Frost and Matt Lubick both call plays for the Huskers. How's it work?
- With Kevin King questionable, Tramon Williams’ return to Packers may turn into more than just a feel-good story
- Gabourey Sidibe: I used bulimia to beat my sadness
- Jennifer Lopez: I didn't love myself in my 30s
- Kelly Clarkson: My daughter thinks everyone is pregnant
- Christina Ricci's estranged husband files for restraining order
- Former Pike student featured in Netflix show
- PSC issues order in Kentucky Power rate case, approves higher rates, but not as high as company requested
- Obituaries 1-19-21
- Obituaries 1-15-21
- 10 charged in separate methamphetamine trafficking cases
- PCSD: Duo found with meth in school parking lot
- Feds: Convicted cocaine dealer broke terms of supervised release
- Grand jury to get case against man accused in connection with body found near his residence
- Pike man arrested in Floyd on auto theft charges, awaits sentencing in numerous cases
- Pike schools push back in-person start date
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updated? Signup today!