Tour Friendly with Green Co. AAA of Akron Ohio, recently brought the first bus tour to the area since the COVID-19 shutdowns last year. According to a statement from the Pike County Tourism and Convention Bureau, the visitors toured places such as Butcher Hollow, Van Lear, Mayo Methodist Church, Hatfield McCoy Historic Sites, the Breaks Interstate Park, and were given a private tour of the University of Pikeville, led by former Gov. Paul Patton. “While this feels like we are starting over after having secured several dozen motor coaches prior to the pandemic, we are blessed to have our cherished guests return to our beautiful region,” the bureau said in the statement. “It will be hard work, but we expect to rebuild our local group travel industry, and look to exceed previous numbers.”
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updated? Signup today!
- Steven M. Sipple: Ahman feels tug to coach football; Adrian's weekend dash; Betts on rise?
- Four-star TE Keyan Burnett commits to Arizona Wildcats, joins Servite teammate Noah Fifita
- Matt Damon: I retired the f-slur after my daughter told me how dangerous it is
- Nikki Bella marks son's first birthday: 'I couldn’t have asked for a better baby boy'
- Ariana Grande offers 'gentle reminder' for people to get their COVID-19 vaccine
- Ashley Judd is walking again after horrific fall
- UA training camp preview: Pressure’s on Brennan Carroll to fix Wildcats’ offensive line
- PCFC approve 5 percent pay raise for county employees
- Hardy Park to get new identity as waterpark
- Unfinished business: Jo Jo Ratliff returns to Tribe
- Arrests made in armed robbery, more expected
- Pikeville man indicted on murder charge in connection with May fatal crash
- Names released in double-fatality collision
- Local mother and long-lost daughter reunite after 63 years
- Pikeville man charged with endangering child
- Kentucky Department for Public Health releases updated guidance for schools on masking; masks recommended for all persons while indoors
- Obituaries 7-27-21
- Beshear announces K-12 school recommendations in response to COVID-19 delta variant